Tubney Woods (Abingdon), Oxford
PhD or experienced magnet engineer looking to join a leader in magnetic resonance field?
This is an excellent opportunity for an expert in magnetic field generation and circuit design to join our successful Head Office team. Reporting to the Technical Group Leader, you will take ownership for magnet specifications and develop appropriate design tools and skills for next-generation products. You will provide insight and guidance across multi-disciplinary teams, ensuring innovative solutions to enhance our product range. You will work within a company that values technical talent and rewards commitment to achieving business objectives.
Oxford Instruments Industrial Analysis offers a range of analytical X-ray Fluorescence (XRF), Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES) and Magnetic Resonance (MR) instruments. For a broad range of industries, our products provide the quality assurance, production optimisation and research tools that are needed in today’s competitive world. From agriculture to metal production, aerospace to oilfield evaluation, textiles to jewellery, across the spectrum of industrial production, we provide reliable, robust, accurate and efficient instruments that ensure our customers develop the most efficient production processes and the most innovative products. . Oxford Instruments plc. is a global company with manufacturing facilities, offices and service centres, worldwide and an annual turnover of over £350m.
The successful candidate will be:
- A degree-qualified physicist, preferably to PhD level;
- Able to demonstrate expertise in static and dynamic magnetic field circuit modelling gained either in academia or industry;
- Knowledgeable in the design of magnetic circuits using hard/soft magnetic materials and electromagnets;
- Experienced in integrating magnets into NMR/MRI systems;
- Hands-on in his/her approach to product development;
- An effective problem solver;
- An effective communicator, able to establish positive working relationships.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to our external recruitment partner, Afric Nickson, at ANickson@ResourceScience.co.uk.